- Time Frame -
Real Life Timing:
The time it takes to finish a custom band or mounting can vary greatly, but we can usually create a piece to your specifications, in 3-4 weeks. Actual production time (without a customer involved) is more like 3-7 days, but designing (the fun part!) can easily add a couple weeks to the process, taking into consideration hectic schedules and alteration requests.
Pieces do take longer sometimes, and the reasons vary. The key is that we make your schedule if you have one, and we tell you up front (and as we go) if a decision will add time to the process.
We can meet any realistic schedule though, and have made entire pieces in a day or two when the work is straightforward and there are no design decisions to be worked out.
A common schedule for a moderately complex custom piece.
Design Time --- 1 hour and up
* Stone Sourcing --- incl. in initial consult or up to 1-5 days
* Sketches and/or CAD models --- incl. in initial consult or up to 1-5 days
Wax adjustments Quality control and stone fitting --- 1-2 days
Even if a wax is approved by the client, it may need adjustments or perfecting to make sure everything is going to work correctly. Our staff has over 250 years of jewelry experience. We make sure every job is done right.
* Wax Creation and Viewings --- 1-3 days each
* Repeat as needed…some customers make decisions after one meeting, others spend more time in design and wax creation phase.
Finishing Details, Stone setting, and Quality control --- 1-12 days
* Casting into metal --- 2-7days
* Finishing (engraving, filigree, stone setting, etc) --- 1-5 days