The time it takes to finish a custom band or mounting can vary greatly, but we can usually create a simpler piece to your specifications in 3-4 weeks, and more complex pieces at a good relaxed pace of decision making is more like our average of 6-8 weeks. Designing (the fun part!) can easily add a couple weeks to the process, taking into consideration hectic schedules and alteration requests.
Pieces do take longer sometimes, and the reasons vary. The key is that we make your schedule if you have one, and we tell you up front (and as we go) if a decision will add time to the process.
We can meet most realistic schedules, so let us know what is important to you and we will do our very best to achieve it!
- Design consult 1-2 hours
- Appointments recommended
- Simple Custom jobs 2-4 weeks
- Complex custom jobs 4-8 weeks
- Hand engraving 1-14 days
- Appraisals- by appointment
- Stone Cutting 7-14 days
- Repairs 1-14 days
- Same day service by appointment
A common schedule for a moderately complex custom piece.
- Design Time --- 1 hour and up
- Stone Sourcing --- incl. in initial consult or up to 1-5 days
- Sketches and/or CAD models --- incl. in initial consult or up to 1-5 days
- Wax adjustments Quality control and stone fitting --- 1-2 days
Even if a wax is approved by the client, it may need adjustments or perfecting to make sure everything is going to work correctly. We make sure every job is done right.
- Wax Creation and Viewings --- 1-3 days each
Repeat as needed… some customers make decisions after one meeting, others spend more time in design and wax creation phase.
- Finishing Details, Stone setting, and Quality control --- 1-12 days
- Casting into metal --- 2-7 days
- Finishing (engraving, filigree, stone setting, etc) --- 1-5 days