First, you need a Design Page
- Save Favorites, notes, estimates & ideas.
- Upload images, sketches, existing jewelry, design inspirations, etc.
- Get free expert advice on design ideas, pricing or other questions.
- Consult our gemologists about Diamonds or Colored Gemstones.
- View sketches, CAD renderings and production pictures.
It All Starts with an Idea
We begin every design with a conversation, either in one of our Design Centers or Online. Both ways are simple & fun and give you fast service and creative insights from artistic professionals.
By designing & manufacturing everything in house, we ensure craftsmanship, Quality & great value!
CAD and Modelmaking
If the piece is to be cast, and most are, next we create a wax or Resin master model. We do this by using a combination of CAD/CAM via our Wax mills & 3D printers or hand carving waxes to create the perfect blend of artistry and detailed perfection. We often use CAD images to show details and help you nuance the design as we go.
Once the design has been approved, the model is now set for casting. Our in-house casting facility is state of the art, with world class equipment and a custom casters' attention to detail. We are very picky as you can see, and cast even tricky alloys like Palladium & Platinum in house for the best quality control & cost efficiency.
Hand forging & fabrication
Many of our designs have hand fabricated elements. Hand working hardens the metal and makes even fine wire elements durable enough to last a lifetime. We show you examples of similar elements for you to choose from and always use the best techniques for the individual project.
Hand Made Fine Wire Filigree
The art of filigree consists of curling, twisting and bending fine threads of wire by hand. This incredibly intricate art form takes many years to master. We are fortunate to have Several Master Filigree Artists, more than any other shop we know of!
We always hand set each gemstone, detailing all areas to perfection. We never cast stones in place, an inferior technique used in many jewelry factories. Compare the pictures in our Gallery to see our attention to fine detail & craftsmanship.
Hand engraving is the art of hand cutting designs directly into the metal with highly polished specialty gravers. This is the hallmark of a true jewelry artist, & like much of our work, is performed under a bench microscope for intricate detail. We do all of our hand engraving in-house; (By the way, most shops send hand engraving out to be done elsewhere.)
Texture, Finishes and Detailing
The final step of the production process includes adding textures & finishes. Before quality marking, we double and triple check all details of the design to ensure all instructions have been meticulously followed, the design is well executed and all craftsmanship is perfect.
Most projects are in process for 4 to 8 weeks from consultation to completion, but we can fit most schedules and budgets. Ask your designer how we can expedite your project.
Pricing, Estimates & Payments
Verbal estimates are an approximation of price only, and all firm estimates will be given to the customer in writing.
We stand by our quotes & never have hidden charges, you always recieve a written estimate before work is started.
Estimates are valid for a minimum of 30 days. After 30 days, we reserve the right to update pricing to accommodate for changes in labor and material before we start a job.
Generally estimates will have center & major side stone(s) priced out separately from other items & small diamond melee (under .10 ct.) are included in the prices shown on the website and in estimates.
Estimates on custom designs or repairs that have already started will not be changed without prior notification and approval from the customer. We ask for a 50% deposit & full payment on major gemstones before we begin work. Custom designs and repairs must be completed within 6 months; otherwise they may be subject to additional charges, interest or price adjustments.
- We accept credit cards for any amount if presented in person.
- For internet purchases, we reserve the right to limit the amount that we will put on a credit card over the phone to $2000.
- We may require an ID photocopy with your correct billing address and a signed credit card form which we can either fax or mail to you. We also accept checks, wire transfers or money orders.
- Washington state residents must pay sales tax, but out of state clients who purchase over the internet are currently sales tax free. Cleared, full payment is required before delivery is made.
- We reserve the right to hold orders to allow time for payment clearing.
- Payments of over 2000.00 paid by wire transfer (or Cash) may be eligible for a 1.5% discount, please ask you Designer for details. Discounts, Coupons and promotions cannot be combined.
We offer financing, please ask your designer for details. Financing Rules are subject to change without notice and all policies are determined by the respective service Providers.
Founder, Designer, Gold & Platinumsmith