First, you need a Design Page
- Save favorites, notes, estimates & ideas.
- Upload images, sketches, existing jewelry, design inspirations, etc.
- Get free expert advice on design ideas, pricing or other questions.
- Consult our gemologists about diamonds or colored gemstones.
- View sketches, CAD renderings and production pictures.
It All Starts with an Idea
We begin every design with a conversation, either in one of our stufios or online. Either way we strive to keep it simple and fun, and to give you fast service and creative insights from artistic professionals.
By designing and manufacturing everything in house, we ensure craftsmanship, quality and great value.
CAD and Modelmaking
If the piece is to be cast, and most are, next we create a wax or resin master model. We do this by using a combination of CAD/CAM, wax mills, 3D printers and hand carving waxes to create the perfect blend of artistry and detailed perfection. We often use CAD images to show details and help you nuance the design as we go.
Once the design has been approved, the model is now set for casting. Our casting facility, located in our Seattle shop, is state-of-the-art, with world class equipment and a custom casters attention to detail. We are very picky as you can see, and cast even tricky alloys like palladium and platinum for the best quality control and cost efficiency.
Hand forging and fabrication
Many of our designs have hand fabricated elements. Hand working hardens the metal and makes even fine wire elements durable enough to last a lifetime. We show you examples of similar elements for you to choose from and always use the best techniques for the individual project.
Handmade Fine Wire Filigree
The art of filigree consists of curling, twisting and bending fine threads of wire by hand. This incredibly intricate art form takes many years to master. We are fortunate to have several master filigree artists, more than any other shop we know of!
We always hand set each gemstone, detailing all areas to perfection. We never cast stones in place, which is an inferior technique used in many jewelry factories. Compare the pictures in our gallery to see our attention to fine detail & craftsmanship.
Hand engraving is the art of hand cutting designs directly into the metal with highly polished specialty gravers. This is the hallmark of a true jewelry artist, and like much of our work, is performed under a bench microscope for intricate detail. We do all of our hand engraving in-house; (By the way, most shops send hand engraving out to be done elsewhere.)
Texture, Finishes, and Detailing
The final step of the production process includes adding textures and finishes. Before quality marking, we double and triple check all details of the design to ensure all instructions have been meticulously followed, the design is well executed, and all craftsmanship is perfect.
Most projects are in process for 6 to 8 weeks from consultation to completion, but we can fit most schedules and budgets. Ask your designer how we can expedite your project.
Pricing, Estimates, and Payments
Verbal estimates are an approximation of price only, and all firm estimates will be given to the customer in writing.
We stand by our quotes and never have hidden charges, you always recieve a written estimate before work is started.
- Estimates are valid for 30 days. After 30 days, we reserve the right to update pricing.
- Most estimates will have center and major side stones priced out separately from other items. Small diamond melee (under .10 ct.) are included in the prices shown on the website and in most estimates.
- Estimates on jobs that have already started will not be changed without prior notification and approval from the customer.
- Custom jobs require a minimum 50% deposit and full payment on major gemstones before we begin work.
- Custom designs and repairs not completed within 6 months due to client inaction may be subject to additional charges, interest or price adjustments.
- We accept credit cards for any amount if presented in person.
- For internet purchases, we reserve the right to limit the amount that we will put on a credit card over the phone to $2000.
- We may require an ID photocopy with your correct billing address and a signed credit card form which we can either fax or mail to you. We also accept checks, wire transfers or money orders.
- Currently, sales tax is only collected on orders delivered in or shipped to addresses in Washington State. This policy is subject to change without notice depending on changes in law.
- Cleared, full payment is required before delivery is made.
- We reserve the right to hold orders to allow time for payment clearing.
- Payments of over 2000.00 paid by wire transfer or cash may be eligible for a 1.5% discount, please ask you Designer for details.
- Cash or wire discounts, military discounts, other discounts, coupons, and promotions cannot be combined.
We offer financing, please ask your designer for details. Financing rules are subject to change without notice and all policies are determined by the respective service providers.