It all starts with a conversation
We begin every design with a discussion of your needs, budget, and time-frame, either in one of our Seattle area design centers or online.
Whether you share a Pinterest board, know what you want, or save favorites from our site, you will be designing with experienced, artistic professionals.
By designing and manufacturing everything in house, we ensure extraordinary craftsmanship, unique, nuanced designs and great value.
Realistic renderings and physical models help transform sketched ideas into reality in an interplay between the client, the designer and the CAD team, all of whose input and ideas help create something that both looks right and fits perfectly.
The entire Green Lake project team collaborates on each piece, adding nuanced details and subtle improvements to the design, all while making sure that design cohesiveness, stability on the finger, and stone security are perfected.
Wax Carving & Model Making
If the piece is to be cast, and most are, we then create a wax or Resin master model. We have our own 3-D printers and growers as well as hand wax carvers onsite, to create the perfect blend of artistry and detailed perfection.
Once the design has been approved, the model is now set for casting. Our in-house casting facility is state of the art, with world class equipment and a custom casters' attention to detail.
Our Galloni platinum and gold casting equipment, one of the finest machines made, allows us to cast each piece perfectly for the best quality control & cost efficiency.
Most jewelers don't make their own jewelry. Even fewer cast in house, but we do to control each step and keep costs low.
Hand forging & fabrication
Many of our designs have hand Forged elements. Forging hardens the metal and makes even fine elements durable enough to last a lifetime. We hand fabricate crucial elements for the finest detail and long life.
Hand Made Fine Wire Filigree
Hand made filigree is nothing like cast filigree. This incredibly intricate art form takes many years to master, and the fine details show. We are fortunate to have Several Master Filigree Artists, more than any other shop we know of.
We always hand set each gemstone, detailing all areas to perfection. We sharpen our gravers more often, work under bench microscopes and do all work in house. You are invited to visit and wath our artists work live here in our Studios. Compare the pictures in our Gallery to see the attention to fine detail & Craftsmanship.
Hand engraving is the art of hand cutting designs directly into the metal with highly polished specialty gravers. This is the hallmark of a true jewelry artist, and, like much of our work, is performed under a bench microscope for intricate detail.
We do all of our hand engraving in-house; most online jewelers don't offer true hand engraving, or send it out to be done elsewhere.
Texture, Finishes and Detailing
The final stage of the production process includes adding textures & finishes. Before quality marking, we double and triple check all details of the design to ensure all instructions have been meticulously followed, the design is well executed and all craftsmanship is top notch.
Most projects take about 3 weeks from design approval. Design time varies, but give yourself enough time to enjoy the process, we are confident you'll enjoy it!
Pricing, Estimates & Payments
Verbal estimates are approximations only; all firm estimates will be given in writing and are valid for 30 days
- All pricing will have center & major side stones priced out separately. Small diamond melee (under .10 ct.) is generally included in all pricing.
- Estimates on projects that have already started will not be changed without prior notification and approval from the customer, unless the customer pauses production for more than 6 months.
- We require a 50% deposit on custom work and full payment on major gemstones before starting work.
- We accept credit cards for any amount if presented in person.
- For internet purchases, we reserve the right to limit credit cards payments to $2000.
- We may require an ID photo with your credit card, correct billing address and a signed credit card form. We also accept checks, wire transfers or money orders.
- We currently collect sales tax for orders delivered in Washington state and California, sales tax is subject to change and is based on delivery time and address.
- We reserve the right to hold orders to allow time for payment clearing.
- Payments of over 2000.00 paid by wire transfer (or Cash) may be eligible for a 1.5% discount, please ask you Designer for details. Discounts, Coupons and promotions cannot be combined.
We offer financing, please ask your Designer for Details and Terms. Financing Rules are subject to change without notice and all policies are determined by the respective service Providers.
Founder, Designer, Gold & Platinumsmith